caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 14: A Lilly lesson

This is is my fourteenth post in a series of seventeen.  17 days of remembering Lilly's 17 months of life as we approach her one year angelversary.

 I LOVE, and continue to be amazed, at how many lives Lilly has touched.  Many people in the world would have seen her as a "drain on society."  But almost everyone who came to know her a little,  found things about her that inspired them or touched them in some way. 

Lilly was, of course, a huge influence on my own life.  She changed me.  She made me see life differently.  She made me better.  To see and appreciate all the "little things."  I continue to thank God for every one of the 529 days we had her.

Lilly inspired me to attempt to grow by learning to reach out to others that are hurting.  All that energy and giving I was channeling into her, I am now trying to use some to bless others.  To remember and honor Lilly.  It is my hope that people will see Jesus (and Lilly) in me, so that they might come to know Him more deeply and fully.  He has become more real to me by teaching me to serve others.  Too often, in the past, I have let opportunities to serve slip away.  Lord willing, and for His glory, Lilly's life can inspire us all in this fashion.

One example: right now I am continuing to work on a "Lilly Memorial Project" for angel parents.  (above photo)  I am committed to donating 17 boxes to angel parents at a local hospital.  Lord willing that project will be wrapped up and donated before the end of the year.  (I'll share more details about the box contents later.)

"[God] comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God." - 2 Corinthians 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment