caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Friday, December 22, 2017

Lilly's Pulse Ox is in ... Honduras!

"I can't say I'm very excited about the new pulse ox, Mama." - Lilly (Dec. 2011)
This morning I was reading through a newsletter from "Healthy Ninos Honduras," which is a new organization by MAMA Project.  Suddenly I noticed a picture of a baby hooked up to a blue & black colored pulse ox and thought "wow - Lilly used to have one just like that!"  Then I read that section:

"A family in the USA unfortunately suffered the loss of a child.  As they sorted their child's belongings, they decided to donate a few items to our work in Honduras.  Little did they know the difference it would make!

Donations were given to the maternity public clinic in Santa Cruz. Shortly after receiving the donation, the one nurse asked to be excused to use the oximeter on a baby they were monitoring that day.  The Staff told them they were using an oximeter designed for adults and we [are] extremely grateful for the gift!"

It hit me then - that WAS Lilly's pulse ox in the photo!  I had forgotten that I had donated it to them back in October 2015.  (My blogpost on that is here.) 

How awesome is that??!!  Lilly's pulse ox is being put to good use helping babies in Honduras.  I LOVE that.  It totally made my day.  :)






Link to newletter: http://www.healthyninos.org/uploads/1/1/1/5/111589139/christmas2017web.pdf

Good job Miss Lilly!  You're still blessing others!


Just for laughs, here is an old photo of Hunter (he was 3).  He was so enamored with Lilly's pulse ox that he had me help him make one for his dog Sam.


No comments:

Post a Comment