caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Friday, January 18, 2013

World Traveler Lilly

Lilly seems like a little world traveler to me in some ways.  Besides having the honor of being on the Every Life Counts website in Ireland, her presence is also in Israel, Hawaii, and Canada.

A mom from Israel contacted me last year after her little girl Renee passed away.  Renee had Trisomy 18.  This dear mom had already had a baby boy, Noach, pass away.  Noach had Trisomy 13.  She shared that right after Renee became an angel, she received a number of trees to plant in their yard, including three cherry trees.  She decided the cherry trees would be in honor of her two Trisomy babies, Renee and Noach.  She then planted the third tree in honor of Lilly!  I thought that was so sweet.  She said she planted crocuses and lilies under the trees.

On Lilly's 1 year angelversary last month, she sent me pictures of the cherry trees.  She said they had grown quite a bit and were doing well.





Here is a picture of all three trees.  Noach's is on the left, Renee's in the middle, and Lilly's on the right:


Amazingly, this is not Lilly's only tree in Israel.  After she died, her photographer from Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep had one planted there in her name.

Also about the time of Lilly's 1st angelversary, I received the following pictures from another Trisomy mom, which she took in Hawaii:



This mom shared that while her family was in Hawaii, she wrote Lilly's, and some other angel babies names, with white rocks. She said they have a tradition in Hawaii of using white rocks to write on the black lava rocks with.

I've posted the next pictures before, but they just go so well with this post. 

Another Trisomy mom in Canada sent me this photo that she took, in honor of Lilly, last year on what would have been Lilly's 2nd birthday:




Finally, I requested Carly Dudley take this picture in Australia:


I love how supportive and thoughtful our Trisomy community is.  I have been blessed to travel out of the country before, in the 1990s.  I have been to England, Scotland, Switzerland, France, and Italy.  If I ever get to go again, it would be neat to do something like this in memory of other angel babies and share them with their families.

Of course I don't have to leave the country to do something thoughtful.  I'm actually excited about a little Valentine's Day project I have in mind for some families.  But I can't share that here quite yet.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. That is so wonderful and thoughtful! I know that must bless your heart so much to think that people you have never met in person care so much and cherish Lilly's memory! I can't decide which one I like the most - you are a blessed woman indeed.

    ReplyDelete