caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Friday, February 8, 2013

Trisomy Angels Memorial


I recently found the above online on a Trisomy Facebook site:

What is an Angel Mom?

An Angel Mom is a mother whose womb held life and the life in the womb ended either inside or outside the womb.  Some do not meet their babies, others meet their babies too soon, some are born and are too poorly to take home and others go home, but they do not stay.

An Angel Mom is a woman with incredible strength, who at times doesn't show how strong she really is.
An Angel Mom carries her baby in her heart, not in her arms, an Angel Mom's baby will never grow old.  An Angel Mom will always talk about her baby, celebrate birthdays, Christmas, Halloween and Easter, just the same as Earth children.
Just because she does this, doesn't mean she's weak - it simply means she'll never forget.

There is a new website to remember babies of any Trisomy called Trisomy Angel Memorial.  Here is the link: www.trisomyangels.com .  I uploaded Lilly's information to it this morning.  For the direct link for the Trisomy 18 page click here.  Lilly is listed there.  You can also go directly to her page by clicking here.  (I noticed her picture didn't show up at her link - it will be fixed - so if you don't see it - click on her name and it will show up.)  I think this website is a wonderful idea.  I hope a lot of people participate.

This afternoon, Tabby found a sign that spring is coming - yay!:


Tonight Solomon took a bath in his new bath chair.  It worked out great and he really enjoyed it!  It made bathing him easier for me too as he was getting so big and slippery.







Daffodils, sharing about Lilly, a happy baby in the tub ... I am so thankful for the little happy moments during the day.

"I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.  I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High." - Psalm 9:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment