caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Capture Your Grief - Days 1 & 2


 On October 25, 1988, President Ronald Reagan signed Proclamation 5890 which created Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month.  (You can read the proclamation here.)  This is the first paragraph of the proclamation:

"Each year, approximately a million pregnancies in the United States end in miscarriage, stillbirth, or the death of the newborn child. National observance of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month, 1988, offers us the opportunity to increase our understanding of the great tragedy involved in the deaths of unborn and newborn babies. It also enables us to consider how, as individuals and communities, we can meet the needs of bereaved parents and family members and work to prevent causes of these problems."

 
 In our country, an infant is defined as a baby up to one year old.  Since Lilly was 17 months old when she died, she would not be considered a part of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month.

  

But that doesn't matter to me.  I am joining in with thousands of others around the world in a special photography project for this month called "Capture your Grief."  (You can read about it here.)  This was created by Carly Marie, mama of a baby boy in heaven named Christian.  She lives in Australia and does beautiful photography work to bless other grieving parents.  She took all the above photos in today's post.  You can request photos (for a small price) from her on her website at:  http://carlymarieprojectheal.com  

For the "Capture your Grief" project, Carly Marie has listed daily subjects for all 31 days this month.  I don't know if I will do them all, but I definitely want to participate.  (You can share your photos with others on Carly's website, but I am simply going to post mine here on my blog.)  Lately I have felt I need to do something more to remember Lilly.  To spend a little more time with her, if that makes any sense.  So ... here goes!

Day 1:  Sunrise.  
The beginning of my journey for this month.  Here is the view out our front yard.  The sun is hitting my little flag at the end of the driveway.  There is some fog in the cow pasture across the street.  It is beautiful, still, and quiet out:



Day 2: Identity.
Where Lilly got her name.  I blogged about this last year in my series of "17 days remembering Lilly's 17 months."  You can read that post and see the pictures of Lilly's namesakes here.  

I know this photo journey will bring some tears with it.  But I am looking forward to it.  It feels purposeful.  And, I will be holding tight to the scripture that has brought so much comfort to my family and I:

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment