caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Day 12 - Remembering Lilly - June 2011

This is my 12th post in a 17 post series summarizing each of Lilly's 17 months of life.  To learn more details about Lilly's daily life, just click the appropriate month and year of my Blog Archive on the right side.

 June 4, 2011 - July 3, 2011

Thankfully Lilly's 11th month was pretty easy.  11 months old and she hit 11 pounds!  Lilly continued in physical therapy and we began the process to start her in occupational therapy.

I love these pictures of Lilly wearing an old vintage white dress that I wore as a baby.




Sneaky Lilly!
Lilly began to suck her thumb some, which was an accomplishment because she would straighten her thumb in order to get it into her mouth.


Lilly liked to talk to herself in her little mirror.


Lilly had her first swimming adventure at Jordan Lake:

Lilly ready to go in her sporty bathing suit

Protective hat and sunglasses - in mama's swim wrap "Let's swim!"
Tabby dressed Lilly up one day and made a big sign that said "Renewed by God."  She explained that God kept renewing Lilly like we renewed library books.  (Tabby was 10 at this time.)

 
 Because Lilly's immune system was so fragile, we gave her baths AFTER church, instead of before.  (We always bathed her asap after being out in public anywhere.)

Ready for church!
Squeaky clean (and germ free!) from the bath!
Just a couple other of my favorite pictures from the month:



 
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." - John 14:27

2 comments: