caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Day 6 - Remembering Lilly - December 2010

This is my 6th post in a 17 post series summarizing each of Lilly's 17 months of life.  To learn more details about Lilly's daily life, just click the appropriate month and year of my Blog Archive on the right side.

December 4, 2010 - January 3, 2011


 Lilly celebrated her 5th month anniversary by getting to see snow for the first time!  You can't see it in this picture well, but there were big snowflakes falling for a little while.

Another biggie this month was when Lilly finally hit 7 pounds!  And I finally got to pack away the newborn sized clothing and start dressing her in the 0-3 month size.

Lilly began pulling out her NG tube more - which was one trick I did not like!  But I certainly didn't blame her.  I'm sure I would have wanted to do the same thing.


Lilly's apple hat and mary janes were knitted by Mrs. L - the owner of the goats we are caring for

 It was exciting to take Lilly to the Christmas Tree farm that we go to every year to cut a tree.  It was a cold yucky day, but she was bundled up warmly.

Our Lilly tree topper
Lilly's bouncy seat sat on top of our kitchen table.  I would put her in it when I was preparing meals and when we were eating.  This month she really began to enjoy being in the seat and whenever I put her in it, she would smile at the animals hanging down.  It was exciting to see the recognition in her eyes.


Speaking of Lilly's eyes - sometimes when she looked at something her gaze would "bounce."  I learned this was pretty common for these babies.  I printed shooting targets out and hung them for her to look at to practice focusing.  (Eventually the "bouncing eyes" went away.)


Our best Christmas present this year was having Lilly with us.  (It turned out to be the only Christmas we had with her.)  She spent a lot of the day napping!


Shortly after Christmas we had a good snow.  It was awfully bright out for Lilly (her eyes were sensitive to the sun) but we had to take her out for a few minutes to let her experience it.


As I'm selecting pictures over these last few days to post, it has really struck me how much of a difference a couple pounds made for Lilly.  Not only did she feel better but she looked better.

And how fun.  Lilly learned the fine art of blowing spit bubbles!


"For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God." - 2 Corinthians 1:20

No comments:

Post a Comment