caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Friday, January 17, 2014

Considering those birds and lilies ...

We are now officially a house full of coughing people.  Solomon finally weakened and joined the party.  Like Tabby and I, he started off the "fun" with a fever.  Don't know if he had the aches like we did too.  But he's got a runny nose and ... the cough.  If you hear his angry screams, you know that I'm squirting saline spray up his nose and suctioning him out with "the snotsucker."  (It made Lilly mad too!)

Showin' off his bottom teeth (photo credit: Tabby)
I'm so sick of hearing every one cough.  (Yes I include me in that.)  Sigh.  So thankful we're usually healthy.

For Christmas last month, my gifts were from Haven Enterprises.  (I blogged about this new business last October, and posted photos here.)  This business sells homemade things like trivets, cutting boards, door casings, etc. - all with scripture engraved on them.  I love knowing that these things were designed by my good friend C, and made by her husband.  They make most, if not all, of the wooden things they sell from old trees on their own property. 

I got a cutting board and trivet.  I also got a special gift from my friend and her husband - a plaque to hang up that has lily-of-the-valley flowers on it!  That was such a sweet surprise.  I have it hanging in the part of our home we've dubbed "The Lilly Hall."

plaque and trivet
small sized cutting board
 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?" - Matthew 6:25-30

I am very pleased with these things and the quality is really good.  Here is the link for Haven Enterprises shop:   http://havenenterprises.storenvy.com/  The pictures are wonderful and so are the descriptions.

2 comments:

  1. Praying you ALL are feeling better soon! Solomon's bottom teeth are so cute:) good photo Tabby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you all aren't feeling well! :-(

    ReplyDelete