caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Silver in the eyes


In my last post I mentioned that Solomon was still sick and had "goopy eyes" so I was going to take him to the doctor.  Well his eyes are almost completely better - thanks to a suggestion from my friend C from Haven Enterprises.  She told me to try putting a little collodial silver in his eyes.  I posted recently that we use silver as a natural antibiotic during sickness.  But I had never thought of putting it in our eyes!  But I gave it a try and his eyes looked better after just one application - of a few drops on eyes he was squeezing shut as hard as he could!  Amazing!  So no doctor visit needed.  Plus he's all better except for a lingering cough.

the blue munchkin
oh yeah - a front end loader!
 Frank is still battling his kidney stone(s) but we think he may be winning!  He still has some pain but not as bad as it was.  We are following suggestions to dissolve the stone and help it pass from a book called Be Your Own "Doctor": An Informative Guide to Herbal Home Health Care by Rachel Weaver M.H.  This book has been invaluable to us and the section on kidney stones is proving to be also.  We followed the directions for dissolving the stones and used water, limes, and alfalfa tablets the first day.  Then the next 2 days Frank drank apple cider vinegar and honey in water, and took alfalfa tablets.  He noticed improvement but still felt them.  So now we're using the book's suggestion to use Herb Pharm Stone Breaker compound three times a day, along with the alfalfa tablets and a banaba leaf supplement.  (The book suggested banaba leaf tea but I couldn't find that readily.)  The compound is 3x a day.  In the evening I give him apple cider vinegar with lemon juice and olive oil.  (Yuck!  Apple cider vinegar helps dissolve stones and relax the urinary tract.)  I'm going to keep him on this until he's better.  I have ordered a kidney cleanse and kidney cleanse + function tea from Supplement Warehouse, but am still waiting for those.  Finally, the book suggested having a bottle of lobelia on hand.  (I've also ordered that from Supplement Warehouse.)  The book's author said she was having terrible pain from a stone and took 2 droppers of the lobelia by mouth and then rubbed lobelia liberally onto her kidney stone area.  Within 5 minutes she was off the floor and sitting in a chair.  Lord willing Frank won't get to that point, but I thought we better be ready.  Finally, I decided that he will do a kidney cleanse twice a year from now on, as a preventative. 

So there's my crash course on trying to get rid of kidney stones naturally.  Hopefully that will help someone else!

If you saw Tabby's blog earlier this week, you know we were surprised to see that the goats aren't the  only furry creatures around here that are pregnant:


On Monday Frank and Tabby both realized that Dixie was "with puppy"!

Dixie trying to look innocent - "Who me sneak off?"
As part of Tabby's schoolwork today, she's going to write up a report on dog pregnancies so we're fully informed on the whole process.  I'm looking forward to puppies - I've never seen newborn puppies.  (Or any newborn animal except baby birds.)

This made me laugh the other day - Solomon was pushing Hunter around in an old baby doll stroller that was Tabby's.  Push hard Solomon!




And speaking of Tabby, she has been enjoying taking the goats for a walk.  On a leash!



 "This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalm 118:24

4 comments:

  1. A Wonderland for the children while growing up! Love your pictures and all the adventures. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting about the puppies! Btw, we have had two litters of Golden Retriever puppies. So fun! Can't wait to see pics.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness what a sweet treat I got today in my mailbox! Thank you for thinking of us it really made my day. All the kids were really into checking it out and then they saw Lilly's picture at the bottom. They wanted to know all about her:) So I got to share her story with them. We are really thankfull for your thoughtfulness!

    Ok now I have to get the book you recommended! After dealing with my three stones I would try just about anything to not get another one! You should have an Amozon link because I am always buying your book recommendations. I always have good intentions of using natural remedies then when something happens I'm like get me to the closest doctor now!:)

    Thanks against friend you are so very sweet. I pray The Lord blesses you for all your efforts in comforting other mommies! Lilly's life continua to give and bring joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear Frank is struggling...there isn't a dull moment over there! This is why you blog! You have a VERY bloggable life! Prayers for healing and wisdom!

    ReplyDelete