caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Friday, May 2, 2014

Hunter's Review: Firefly: the little laser lamp

Most of today's posting was narrated by, and photographed by, Hunter (our resident electrician and inventor in the making).

Last week my dad brought home a new laser lamp called the "Firefly."  Mr. Redpath gave it to him.  (He is the father of student at CCS.)  He is getting ready to sell this lamp that he invented.  He told my dad to take it home, and open it when it was dark, and to tell him what we thought.

That night, Daddy helped me open the box and I got to plug in the Firefly.  I saw little green dots appear everywhere!  There were hundreds!  You can see some that I am "holding" here:


The lights filled up our whole room that night.  Then when it was bedtime, I used the Firefly as a nightlight.  It was hard to go to sleep at first, because it was so interesting to look at the little green lights.

The next day, I gave the Firefly a name:  "Disco Plug-in."  I like to name all my things.


Be careful not to directly look at the laser light coming out!

My little brother Solomon and I like to dance with the Firefly lights on in the dark.  It makes everyone a little dizzy.

The thing I like best about Firefly is that it is a good shape.  I even like to sleep with it in my bed.  (I like to sleep with other small things too like my other nightlights that I collect.  I love electricity!)  I really like to plug the Firefly in, especially on my power strip.

I like to use the Firefly when I invent things too.  I pretend it is a battery powered cleaner that cleans our floors.   Today I used it with some microwave parts to make my own microwave.  (I had taken apart a broken microwave this morning.)

It is very nice and fun to have a Firefly.  Everyone should get one to see.  It looks great!

Not very impressive looking here, since it is daytime when Hunter took the picture
                                                             * * * * * * * * * * * * *

You can go to the Firefly website at:  http://www.fireflylaser.com/    You don't have to do complicated things with it like Hunter does - just plug it in and enjoy!  Would be fun to use outside on a summer night, or at a party, or just as some sort of mood lighting for your house.  You can see a variety of pictures of it being used, on the Firefly website here.  Click on the top of that page for product facts.  Go directly to the store to purchase here.

The News & Observer had an article about the Firefly in 2011.  You can read that article here.

Thank you Mr. Redpath for the opportunity for us to see your invention!

No comments:

Post a Comment