|Lilly - 1 year old|
In honor of your 5th birthday, here are 5 things I miss about you:
1) your kisses, smiles, laughter, and snuggles
1a. the way your crazy stick up hair tickled my neck and chin when I held you close
2) your love for your family - how you would watch your siblings and parents and smile at them
3) your enjoyment of experiencing new things and sense of wonder
4) watching you work/play hard - you worked so hard in your therapy sessions and in your own playtime
5) nighttime - laying you on the bed and seeing you look up and smile at the ceiling fan and begin your nightly chat with it. Then seeing your happiness at being put in your little co-sleeper next to my bed. My falling asleep watching you sleep.
Wait a minute, only 5 things? I know, I know, I said 5 because of your 5th birthday. But Lilly there's so many other things - like you playing your sock trick (yes you Miss Sneaky Lilly), or you grabbing onto the frog on your bouncy seat and playing music, or me getting to dress you for the day, letting you play in the bath, taking you for walks, dancing around with you, etc etc etc. Maybe I could get it all in if it were your 500th birthday?
I will always love you, my little firecracker. I miss you so much but am comforted knowing you are in a perfect place. I can't wait to see you again one day!