caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Monday, October 26, 2015

A fair time at the State Fair

We decided to take the money we earned by selling things at Fall Days Farm Ways and use it to go to the state fair, held annually in Raleigh, N.C.  This was the first time we went as a family and it was interesting, exhausting, and fun.  And expensive!  (We took in our own water and snacks to help keep costs down.)

We bought enough ride tickets for each child to ride two rides.  Tabby went first.  Roller coaster then the swings:





The boys drove a sparkly (!) tractor then some heavy equipment:



Tabby spotted the tardis:


Solomon a John Deere tractor:


And Hunter a big fan:


I liked looking at the animals (goats, sheep, cows, horses, rabbits).  And I thought this pumpkin was really neat:


When we first went into the antique farm equipment building, we saw a covered wagon.  Solomon pointed it out and said "Laura and Mary ride in that!"  It was a prideful moment for this homeschoolin' mama.  He has really been listening to Little House on the Prairie when I read it to Hunter.  Solomon was also happy to see antique tractors:


Then we went down to the flower area and oh boy ... the boys couldn't move once they saw the trains!



They spent so much time there, and Hunter talked enough to the owner, that the man was a finally bout ready to offer our "knowledgeable fellow" a job.  Frank stayed with the boys so I could take Tabby around the flower displays.  She loves to photograph flowers. 


I'll post some of Tabby's photos from the fair soon.  Here are a few I took:



I like quirky things like this "little red riding hood" scene:



And I've always liked a cherub type statute tucked into gardens:


After Tabby and I walked through the garden areas, I heard a familiar sound.  One that is like music to Hunter's ears.  What was it?  Hit and miss motors!  We followed the sound and saw that it was a  place that used old John Deere motors to make ice cream!!  Tabby bought some for herself and declared it "delicious."  We finally had ammo to get the boys away from the trains.


By late afternoon, our legs were worn out.  It was time to fight through the crowds and go home. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like something for everyone! I love fairs. And yes, expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun!! I always loved the swings... Also, those garden scenes are right up my alley--so is the ice cream!

    ReplyDelete