caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Lilly's story in an Italian anti-abortion article

This past summer, I received an e-mail from a physician in Italy requesting permission to briefly tell Lilly's story in a study she was writing against abortion.  This particular doctor suffers from Lynch syndrome, a genetic disorder.  She said that there were people who felt that babies with that prenatal diagnosis were candidates for therapeutic abortion.  (Which is crazy as this Christian woman is obviously very intelligent and has contributed much to her society as besides being a physician, she has worked as justice of the peace, and has a degree in law and has had forensic training.) 

As we know in the U.S., at least 90% of babies prenatally diagnosed with Down Syndrome are aborted.  I don't know offhand the numbers for babies with Trisomy 18 or 13, but I am confident they are high too.

Lilly - 13 months
The doctor wrote to me "Men, in their delirium of omnipotence, want to decide which lives are worth living and which are not."

She wanted to share Lilly's story in her article because she believed Lilly was "a very strong argument and a remarkable witness against therapeutic abortion."  I was so touched when I read "The sweetest and beautiful face of Lilly speaks to the whole world of God's goodness.

Lilly celebrating her 1st birthday - a huge milestone for a baby with Trisomy 18

I gave her permission to share Lilly's story and some photos of Lilly.  Amazing!  Lilly continuing to do the Lord's work! 

Last week, the doctor e-mailed me the links her resulting two articles.  I can't read much in the articles, as they are in Italian and I haven't had time to run them through my translator program.  BUT ... it really is true - a picture is worth a thousand words.

In her e-mail, the doctor warned "I am convinced that the only vision of the images will make you realize that abortion is the most colossal, unfair, cruel, heinous genocide ever perpetrated by man on earth."

As I viewed the heartbreaking photos in the two articles, I completely agreed with her.  If pictures of these tiny dead babies were commonly seen in public, I do not believe our abortion rates would be so high.  Anyone that looks at these will see that babies, at the time of being "eligible" for abortion, are not a blob of cells, but formed little human beings. 

These articles also show copies from what must be training manuals for those learning to perform abortions.  Those are also very powerful images. 

Lilly - 16 months old
 Lilly is in this article:

"If this is not a human being, what is it? The modern holocaust."

After scrolling through the pages, and seeing utter wretchedness, it is was an almost shocking surprise to find Lilly's face smiling back at me (pgs. 28-29).

The other article, does not have Lilly in it, and appears to be a shortened version of the first:

"If this is not a human being, what is it? The silent scream."

I hope you will take the time to look at these articles, and to share them with others.  Perfectly formed babies piled in a trashcan - this happens every day.  And will continue until people become truly aware of the horrors of abortion and it's haunting aftermath. 


"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment