caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, June 23, 2016

A narrowly avoided nighttime hospital visit

This past Tuesday, Tabby woke up with a stomach ache.  It wasn't terrible though, so she went through the day like normal.  However she began feeling worse and worse as the afternoon progressed.   That night, when I was reading to the boys before bed, she came into the room and collapsed on the floor crying that she was in immense pain all over her body.  Like someone stabbing her.  She said it was even worse than it was that night in February when I took her to the emergency room

Tabby laid balled up on the floor trying not to cry as the boys and I prayed over her.  Then she said that her vision was blurring.  OK - now I was really scared.  And - OF COURSE - Frank was out-of-town at a conference.

I put the boys in bed and helped Tabby to her room to lay down.  I sat with her and tried rubbing her back, shoulder, wherever it hurt the worse.  And we kept praying.  But the her vision even more blurry and so we decided she needed to go to the hospital. 

I got Hunter up and he helped me pack a little bag to take.  When were ready to go, we went up to help Tabby get on her shoes.  I figured I could just grab Solomon (who had fallen asleep) on our way out the door.

Tabby said she felt the slightest bit better, though was still in excruciating pain.  So we prayed one more time asking God to make it completely clear to her whether or not she needed to go to the hospital.  As soon as we finished praying, she said she felt God tell her to try the "healing code." 

(I learned about a book called The Healing Code written by two Christian doctors from a Christian friend that I highly respect.  I know that this book is controversial among some people.  I don't want to get into that here right now.  I will just say we have seen some great results and we give God the glory for it.)

So Tabby began to pray while doing certain pressure points on her body.  (We all know there is no controversy about whether or not pressure points work!)  Within minutes ALL over her pain was gone and her vision was back to normal.  Now she was no longer crying from pain but from amazement and thankfulness for the Lord's sudden healing.

I tell you it was awesome!  Just incredible.  She was totally pain free and in fact - felt better than she had in days!   I was stunned and SO relieved.  I hate seeing my children in pain.  And I knew the hospital visit would have cost thousands of dollars and the doctors would have shaken their heads not knowing what to do but to give her morphine again.

It's now Thursday and she hasn't felt pain since.  And it's her birthday!  Happy 15th to my girl.  :)


Goofing around with Lilly-colors:


As a special birthday treat (to drive his sister crazy!) Hunter decided to hook up his snap circuits to play "Happy Birthday" for her:


Before long, the set had FIVE speakers hooked to it.  Just what Tabby will "love" hearing all day.  ;)


1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's amazing! Praise God. I will be checking out that book. Happy birthday to Tabby!

    ReplyDelete