caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Tabby's GI test results

Just a quick update on my should-we-rename-it-"Pray for Tabby"-blog.

I got the results for Tabby's Hida gallbladder scan last Friday. Everything looked good. No problems.

Special pillow case provided at the hospital testing center - isn't that a special touch?
Just a quick update on my should-we-rename-it-"Pray for Tabby"-blog.

I got the results for Tabby's Hida gallbladder scan last Friday.  Everything looked good. No problems.

This morning I took Tabby to the hospital for an endoscopy and colonoscopy.  (Yikes.  I know.  Well I don't - but I've heard.)  The procedure itself went smoothly.  NO problems were found.  Well other than a tiny polyp which will be checked, but the doctor doubts it will be any sort of problem.  So that means no celiacs, gluten issues, crohn's disease, etc etc.  Somehow we weren't surprised.  But we were disappointed.  We wanted this search for what's wrong to be over so we can take some action.

Tabby's wake up after the scopes did not go smoothly.  (She had anaesthesia during the procedure.)  Tabby was very disoriented and started sobbing.  Then she was gasping with pain.  She said her stomach pain was incredibly sharp.  They said "gas pain" was normal.  But her's was much worse.  Her doctor said her nerves are "hyper sensitive."  So they gave her some pain medication.  Of course it didn't really work  Nothing seems to.  She's been in almost constant pain now for TWO weeks!

Her GI doctor wants to see her again soon.  But I also am going to be pursuing a different path.  I'm considering whether Tabby might have Lyme's disease.  Her symptoms fit with the symptoms of many teens with the disease.  From what I've learned from my research, it is tricky to diagnose and tests are not very accurate, unless you get one within 30 days of being bit.

I am too tired to share more about that, but I will post about the treatment I am putting together for her very soon.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and support.  We really need them!

Solomon snuggles help ease the pain

1 comment:

  1. this may be a wonderful idea! time to concentrate only on the enormous number of talents, how great this goat girl is!!!!
    she had huge adjustments most of her life and has made them well. Needs attention to that fact!! We love HER! YES we do..not easy to drop old ways of remembering other dear ones but this could be the best thing . I love you all. for what it's worth, I vote, BRAND NEW BLOG ALL ABOUT PRECIOUS CHILD TJH AND ONLY HER mj

    ReplyDelete