caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Solomon's 4th Birthday

My youngest boy is growing up! And he is thrilled. Solomon is always asking me if he has gotten taller and how long until birthdays.  He turned 4 today and is already planning his birthday cakes for the next several years.



Solomon is my "rainbow baby" and was born 9 months to the day that Lilly died.  By God's blessing, Solomon helped me not to dread the 15th of every month.  He brought me more healing than anything on earth.  I wish that all mamas that have lost a child could have a rainbow baby.

As soon as Solomon woke up today he smiled and said "Birthday!"  And then he excitedly asked for his present.  I had a box of several Thomas the train cars that I bought cheap off Ebay.  He was thrilled with them.  He cracked Hunter and I up because as he got them out, he separated them by size.



Solomon's other highlight of today was helping make his birthday cake.  He wanted to make a "giant sprinkle cupcake." 


Frosting the cake and adding sprinkles was so much fun!


But candles and eating cake were the best:




What else does Solomon like to do besides playing with trains and baking and eating cake?  He loves reading books, playing outside, helping with chores, and giving me lots of hugs. 

Yesterday he had the best time cleaning our mirrors and then the front door glass:




Thank you Lord, for binding up the brokenhearted and bringing beauty from ashes.  (Isaiah 61)

1 comment: