caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, May 20, 2012

A lily blooms!

 
Yesterday we were thrilled to find that the first lily flower in Lilly's memorial garden had opened.  It is yellow and on the row where I planted "lily asiatic mix" bulbs.  Beautiful!  (Just ignore all the weeds - ugh.)  I put the angel I got on Mother's Day next to it to mark it as the first bulb to grow and bloom.

I wanted to share a poem that was on a bookmark that came with the heart ornament I also received on Mother's Day.  That last stanza is my favorite.

A Gift From Heaven by Kristan Dean

I am with you always
I live in your heart
I speak to your soul
We are not far apart

When you feel a light breeze
Hear the songs the birds sing
Know that I see every smile
Your kindness can bring

I see you building your dreams
With wisdom and grace
And asking His guidance
With each challenge you face

I am more than a memory
You will feel our love grow
I am forever your angel
Some things you just know

Please tell me your thoughts
Your hopes and your fears
And know that through faith
He will heal all your tears

For today, I can share
That in Heaven above
God has taken my hand
I am complete, I am in love

Thinking of you, my angel girl, Lilly!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful lily and beautiful poem! I am thinking of you and praying for you.{{{LILY}}}

    ReplyDelete