caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Remembering Lilly on this St. Patrick's Day:


I made the digital scrapbook page with My Memories Digital Scrapbooking Software.  The software is so easy to use.  Tabby loves it.  But I'm afraid I'll always be a "paper person."  (You should see my piles of papers everywhere as further proof!)  However, as many turn towards digital scrapbooking (much cheaper and doesn't take up space!) you can buy the software I mentioned at a discount through this blog.  Just click on the icon at the top right area.  :)
 
At the left is a new ornament I got for Lilly's memorial tree for this month.  (shamrock theme)  It says:

May angels gather round your door and bring you peace forevermore.

Made me think of our angel, wearing her smocked green dress.  :)


I always enjoy making Irish soda bread about this time of year.  I made it last night.  Here is a link to my favorite recipe for it:
http://www.sodabread.info/Recipes/sodabreadrecipes.htm .  I make the "white soda bread."

I read the kids a good, short book on St. Patrick's Day today.  It is Saint Patrick's Day by Gail Gibbons.

If you'd like to read a fascinating factual account of Patrick, try David Bercot's Let Me Die in Ireland: The True Story of Patrick.  We read this as a family a number of years ago and I still often think of the story.  Patrick was kidnapped from Britain as a youth and sold into slavery in Ireland.  He became a Christian as he worked as a shepherd there.  He prayed for God to deliver him from slavery.  He prayed this for at least 100 (!!) times every day!  God did save him.  He went back to Britain.  But later came back to teach the Irish about God.  Legend has it he used the three parts of the shamrock to explain the Trinity.  (Three parts like God is three persons:  God the father, the son, the holy spirit.)

Seems appropriate to end today's post with an Irish blessing:

"May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. 
May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. 
And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment