caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Lily bulbs and a new Trisomy Awareness billboard

Yipee!  We have two Easter lilies growing in our yard!  Before we moved last year, Tabby dug up all the lily bulbs from that house.  I replanted the Easter lily bulbs in the fall.  I think we had seven.  Two are now coming up. 

Yesterday I finally replanted all the bulbs from Lilly's memorial garden.  Plus I added in a few new lily bulbs.  I hope they begin to grow soon.  I also bought some lily-of-the-valley and Solmon's seal plants for the front of the house.  But time and weather have not permitted me to plant those yet.

I know gardening is therapy for a lot of people.  For me it's currently a race.  When Solomon falls asleep for a nap, I grab the baby monitor and run outside and see how much I can get done as fast as possible before he wakes up.  Whew!

Giuliana's mom has worked hard to get more billboards put up in their town up north to raise Trisomy awareness.  (She did a wonderful one about the time of Giuliana's second birthday.  You can see that one here.)  Here is the latest billboard that just went up:



Doesn't Giuliana look like a happy little girl?  (She has mosaic T--18)  You can read her blogpost about it here.  What a wonderful way to spread awareness as most people have not heard of Trisomy 18 or 13.

We are finally wrapping up our Lilly Memorial Project with our donations to angel families at the hospital.  Tabby made 17 special journals for me.  She covered boring composition books with pretty scrapbooking paper.






I had to order material to make two more bags and Lord willing, it will come in the next few days.  Right now I have 15 bags finished.  Hunter helped with the machine sewing part of most of them.  He loves any kind of machine.  So he enjoyed pushing the sewing machine's foot pedal for me:



Solomon was often sitting on the floor while we were sewing.  I put pillows behind him and give him a few toys.  In between sewing bags I usually had to jump up and sit him back up as he would have fallen to one side and be kicking his arms and legs like a little bug on its back.  It made everything take longer, but I guess he wanted to feel he was contributing.

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His mercy endures forever." - Psalm 118:1

No comments:

Post a Comment