|Solomon was sleeping in my arms when I took this picture of Tabby and Hunter outside the library|
Here are the books we donated:
Here is an excerpt from my letter to our librarian:
1. Tabby picked Silver Days - it is a book we both enjoyed reading and is the 2nd book in the Journey to America Saga. The library has books 1 and 3 in the series so we knew you needed this one, which was Tabby’s favorite of the three. [Read my post about this book here.]
2. My pick is I Will Carry You: The Sacred Dance of Grief and Joy - a complete stranger mailed this book to me after Lilly died. It was a very helpful book for me to read and I know many other “angel parents” who found this book healing. [Read my post about this book here.]
3. Solomon picked Tractor Mac Arrives at the Farm - you all have several of the “Otis” books (about a tractor). My boys enjoyed them so much we ended up buying all of them. They were excited when we found out about the Tractor Mac series. Perhaps some other little boys coming to the library will enjoy this book too.
4. Electrical Wizard: How Nikola Tesla Lit Up the World - you know who picked this one! Hunter said the library needed a children’s book on Tesla. This is one of his very favorite books.
5. Far Flutterby - a copy of this book was sent to us in memory of Lilly by another mom who’s son lived 2 years with Trisomy 18. My children and I love this book. It reminds us how special every child is. [Read my post about this book here.]
Right across from the librarians desk is the new book display area. One of the books on it was Bella's Gift: How One Little Girl Transformed Our Family and Inspired a Nation by Rick and Karen Santorum. Bella is now 7 years old and has Trisomy 18. (I received a copy of this book for my birthday and hope to read it soon.) How special to see this book on our donation day!