caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, November 12, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 12

Day 12 - North Carolina

I love living in North Carolina!  We get to experience all four seasons and none are a total extreme.  (OK - the hot humid summers aren't my favorite.)  We live about 40 minutes from Raleigh, our state capital.  There are so many parks and interesting historical sites within an easy drive.  And if you don't mind driving a couple hours, you can hit beaches to the east and mountains to the south.  I consider the cost-of-living to be good.  (It's amazing how much more you get for your money when you're willing to live farther out from the main towns.)  There are so many homeschoolers here, so many churches, and so many friendly people.

Today the boys and I met with our field trip group for a tour of Yates Mill in Raleigh.   This mill was built in the 1700s - before the Revolutionary War.  Its use continued through the 1950s I believe.  Today there are still corn grinding demonstrations and you can buy corn meal there.


This is the first field trip we've been on that Hunter has been highly interested in.  He asked a lot of questions and was satisfied with the answers.  Mostly.  ;)

Here are some pictures from today.  Some I am pleased with, others I'm not.  I think I need a crash course on working with lighting for photography.








Hunter is now highly interested in finding out if there are any mills powered by steam engines that we can visit.  Hmmmmm ...

2 comments:

  1. I love love LOVE field trips! I don't care where they go! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Another reason to homeschool - I get to do fun stuff too. :)

      Delete