caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Monday, November 23, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness - Days 21-23

Day 21 - Fresh eggs and goat milk:
 
jar of fresh goat milk, vintage egg cups with eggs from our chickens

Eggs in a regular grocery store absolutely can NOT rival eggs from truly free range chickens.  Our chickens roam our property scratching and pecking and finding lots of "yummy" bugs to eat.  Their eggs are so healthy and the yolks a brilliant color.  It sounds silly I'm sure, but I absolutely love finding a freshly laid egg.  This never gets old for me.


"Owl" is a Brahma - she's so pretty - and a bit fiesty!
Tabby milks three of our goats every morning.  We drink the milk, cook/bake with it, and use it in soap making.  Fresh milk has so many more extra benefits to it, than what is sold in the store.

(Note that I'm not knocking store bought eggs and milk - they really are healthy.  But certain conditions make them even healthier.)

We have 6 goats in our current herd - we recently sold 2 of the young bucks and still need to sell 1 more
Day 22 - Lilly Tree:

When Lilly was alive, she was so fascinated by our Christmas tree with it's lights.  So I bought her a small, artificial tree with the idea of keeping it up year round for her to enjoy.  She died 10 days before she got her present.  But I decided to put it up anyway, in her memory, and have a different "theme" for each month.  I like having our "Lilly Tree" - it comforts me - and Solomon now is old enough, he enjoys helping decorate it.

November is "turkey theme" - Lilly's pumpkin hat is the tree topper:


I call this my "Lilly girl" ornament
This seems like the right time to say "hi" to Lilly in her pumpkin hat!

Lilly girl after a visit to the pumpkin patch (Oct. 2011)

Day 23 - Clothes:

Today is rather chilly - it's sunny but is only about 45 degrees.  I was thinking this morning how grateful I am to have warm clothes to wear.  Not only that, I am blessed to have clothes that fit pretty well, and they are in colors and styles that I like.



" For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving ..." 1 Timothy 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment