caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Library Donation & Salves for Sale

Last year, we donated FIVE books to our local library in honor of Lilly's 5th birthday.  (See my post about it here.)  Yesterday the boys and I were at the library and I had my camera with me.  So we pulled the books they picked for donation and I took their picture:



My favorite part is the inside of the book cover:



July 4th will be our angel Lilly's 6th birthday.  Wow.  I have several ideas, but haven't settled on anything for sure yet, to do in her memory.  It will most likely be some sort of donation though.

Herbal salves are great for your skin.  Herbs are some of God's natural medicine for us and I really enjoy learning different ways to use them.


"Along the bank of the river, on this side and that, will grow all kinds of trees used for food; their leaves will not wither, and their fruit will not fail. They will bear fruit every month, because their water flows from the sanctuary. Their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for medicine.” - Ezekiel 47:12

Green Salve

There are two herbal salves I make from kits, which I purchase from Bulk Herb Store.  I buy the premixed herbs, mix them into quart jars with sweet almond oil, heat on low in my crock pot for 3 days, then strain.  Next I melt beeswax in a pot, add in the oil from the strained herbs, a few drops of Vitamin E oil (as a natural preservative), then pour it all into tins.  Leave out overnight to harden.  Put on lid and label.  Easy!

However - if  "easy" sounds like too much work - then I have two types of herbal salves to sell.  (I made way more than I needed to try and sell at the recent Hand of Hope event.)

The first is our favorite called "Green Salve."  (I know - it really needs a more catchy name.)  This stuff is great for just about everything:  scrapes, bites, burns, cuts, blisters, stings, rashes, dry and cracked skin, cold sores, psoriasis, eczema, poison ivy, etc.  And pets!  I've used it successfully to treat several skin issues on both our dogs and goats.

We try to put the salve on bites and stings as soon as possible.  That is the most helpful.  A few more applications and that's usually all you need to take out the itch and heal it.  I've been super impressed in how fast the salve can heal wasp stings.  You can use it as often as you want.

Green salve ingredients:  Plantain Leaf, Calendula Flower, Comfrey Leaf, Yarrow Flower, Rosemary Leaf, Echinacea Root, Echinacea Leaf, beeswax, vitamin E oil.

I also make "Muscle Salve" which we use occasionally.  I sell a lot of that one to others though, who say it really helps with sore muscles.  (One woman ordered 2 quarts of the stuff!)  My mom says it even helps bring relief to soreness from clenched jaws.  The salve penetrates the skin and soothes damaged muscles, while reducing inflammation.  Rub onto sore muscles as often as needed.

Muscle Salve
 Muscle salve ingredients:  St. John's Wort, Arnica Flowers, Lobelia Leaf, Comfrey Leaf, Peppermint Leaf, Cayenne, beeswax, vitamin E oil.

I have two tins of Green Salve (2 oz.) for $4.00 each.  Green Salve in 4 oz. tins is $6.00 each.  (Plus shipping, if applicable.)

Muscle Salve in 4 oz. tins is $6.00 each.  (Plus shipping, if applicable.)

If you are interested in buying any, just let me know!  I am willing to ship anywhere within the U.S.

Our goat Pippi has been enjoying the benefits of Green Salve for the past few days.  She quickly developed mastitis in one teat after her kid was born last week.  It seems Odysseus only likes to nurse on one side.  So unfortunately, I have to keep her other side milked out.  I was going out every other hour to milk her, then massage Green Salve onto her teat - especially the lumps.  Now she is doing quite well and her lumps are almost gone.  Thankfully as of today, I'm not having to milk her quite as much. 

Here's a few baby goat pictures from yesterday:




Baby goats are too cute!

1 comment:

  1. Muscle salve quickly relieved my sciatic nerve pain.

    ReplyDelete