caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Beautiful butterflies


The Lily Flower Butterfly

The above photo is a "Flower Faery Butterfly" by Carly Marie Dudley, taken on Christian's Beach.  How could I resist a photo with the beautiful lily flower, for our Lilly?  :)  It's just so pretty and peaceful.  This photo will look perfect enlarged and hanging next to Lilly's crystal butterfly photo, also by Carly

Butterflies surround me,
Colored pink with streaks of gold,
And all the other kids here,
Say that we'll never grow old.


So when you're feeling down,
And you miss me more than ever,
Remember that I'm happy,
And that I'll be with you forever.

     - Mary Hayden-Evans

The beauty of heaven in the above poem is also seen in this scripture:

"The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of gold, as pure as transparent glass. . . . The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there."  - Revelation 21:21, 23, 25

No comments:

Post a Comment