caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Lilly passes on her bed

Ever since Lilly died 8 months ago, I have kept her little co-sleeper bed right in it's usual place, next to my side of the bed.  It had on the same blankets, little pillow, and wool diaper cover that she had been using until it was time for her to go to heaven.  I also had put in it the outfit she was wearing when she died, and the blanket I had wrapped around her.  And her crazy sock monkey (who wears her handsplints) and Rainbow Baby's sock monkey and bear.


Lately I have felt like Lilly was telling me to go ahead and change the bedding, to get it ready for her little brother.  I didn't want to.  But tonight I felt like it was time.  I prayed about it and with my heart beating fast, took off Lilly's bedding, carefully folded it, and put it in a Lilly colored basket.  I plan to hang the special quilt up.



Yikes - what an empty looking bed!


I didn't leave it empty though.  I went ahead and made it all fresh, soft, and comfy for Rainbow Baby:



Lilly's crazy sock monkey seems to approve:



Whew. 

"Great sacrifices were offered on that day, and there was rejoicing over the great feast of the Lord in which everyone shared." - Nehemiah 12:43

3 comments:

  1. Lilly loves Rainbow baby. And wants you to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you this week!!
    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That took real courage. I have done things similar to this and they are painful and freeing all mixed up together. Rainbow Baby is blessed and I praise the Lord that He gave you peace. I'm proud of you.

    Love in Christ,

    CMWH

    ReplyDelete