caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Solomon's Lilly-colored outfit

The stores are flooded now, all in preparation of July 4th already.  It hurts my heart to see all the little red-white-and-blue dresses.  Tabby and I keep pointing them out to each other saying how cute Lilly would have looked in them.  I finally made myself feel a little better the other day, by getting Solomon a Lilly-colored outfit special for his angel sister's 4th of July birthday:


Recently I read on Julia's blog (written by the mama of a Trisomy 18 angel, the little girl that passed away the day after Lilly) that she had just finished a photography class for mothers that had lost a child.  (Read her post here.)  Healing through photography - I find that a fantastic idea.  It is called Illuminate.  Here is the website:  http://www.berylaynyoung.com/illuminate/   This is something I'd be very interested in doing at some point.

Solomon has joined the ranks of babies/toddlers everywhere that love getting into cabinets.  I didn't mind as I was able to get a few kitchen chores done:

 

The chicks continue to grow rapidly.  Tabby has taken over most of their care and they all love her and flock to her:


Her most aggressive fan is the chick she's named Friendly:


The mama of Hannah, an angel baby girl (Trisomy 18) shared the below drawing with me recently.  Her youngest daughter drew this picture of her family and she included her sister Hannah along with Lilly and Jesus in heaven.  I thought it was so sweet.  Look at the big smiles on Lilly and Hannah's faces! 


I'm so looking forward to seeing my smiling Lilly girl in heaven one day, and meeting her special friend Hannah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment