caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, November 7, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness - Days 6 & 7

Day 6 - Tabby's piano playing

Tabby has been taking piano lessons for about 7 1/2 years now.  She's developed such talent that her teacher is encouraging her to begin teaching piano lessons.  Tabby doesn't have time for that right now, but hopefully some day. 

Tabby practices every morning and I love to hear her play.  Some songs she works on for months and months and worries that we'll get tired of hearing them.  But I never do.  I find the music soothing to my soul.



Day 7 - goat milk soap

 I love that we know how to make soap using milk from our own goats.  It takes about 1.5 hours to make 20 bars of soap (from start to the end of clean up), then at least 5 weeks to cure.  Actually making it can be sort of a hassle and yet at the same time, I find such satisfaction in it.  I love knowing how to make things that I once thought I only could buy.  And I like knowing this stuff is really good for our skin!

lavender tea-tree oil soap, just after being poured into the molds this afternoon
"original" blend (spearmint eucalyptus) curing - will be ready in about 4 weeks
refreshing peppermint - wrapped and ready to sell
Soaps can be purchased through Tabby's Etsy Shop:  TheGoatChick.  We've sold A LOT lately and are currently out of everything except Peppermint goat milk soap.  More are in the works!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment