caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chocolate!!



Lilly likes chocolate! Oh my goodness - who feeds their baby chocolate? Well my husband did! We were having lunch with friends the other day and there were yummy warm chocolate chip cookies for dessert. My husband put a little chocolate on his finger and touched it to Lilly's lips. (When I was out of the room!)


Well it seems that little Miss Firecracker was quite surprised at first. But then she seemed to think that the chocolate was just fine! After my initial horror, I thought "well - if she eats it then it isn't that bad." Because that would mean that she's eating by mouth. (I feed her a little something everyday but it's really only the coconut oil that she eats easily and seems to enjoy. I'd love her to have some other things she really likes to practice eating by mouth with.)


So yes, I'm thinking of getting Lilly some chocolate to eat. But not just the normal cheap milk chocolate. But super healthy, dark chocolate. Is there such a thing? Yes! I recently read that "cocoa is likely the healthiest vegetable around." What a great claim, huh? If you'd like to read about this, and all the wonderful benefits of cocoa (such as being the ultimate antioxidant food) go to:


(You can order super healthy chocolate at: http://www.beeyoutifulchocolate.com/ I haven't actually tried it yet, but just may get some for Lilly.)


Speaking of Lilly, she has been napping since about 10:30 this morning. (It is now 5:00) She obviously needed some extra sleep - but 6.5 hrs.? I can't stand it any longer and am going to wake her up! (I would like her to sleep tonight.) Long naps make me nervous though - is her body trying to fight off something? She's been awful congested lately. Or does she just need sleep? Or or or ...


Back to thinking of chocolate (just as yummy - if not more - than sweet raw honey!):


"Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24

4 comments:

  1. oh, little granddaughter, please don't get sick! sending up extra prayers to the Great Physician for you.

    love,
    mah mah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Lilly! Some of us think chocolate is good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's awesome that Lilly is enjoying chocolate. She is a girl after all and we love chocolate. It blesses my heart to think that you treasure her so much you will search for the best chocolate for your daughter. You truly have a story to share and you are such a testimony of committed motherhood. Don't borrow trouble, Lilly has shown you time and time again that she is a fighter.

    Bless you,

    CWH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeh, your just as normal as half the human population who likes to eat chocolat! Way to go little princes :-))

    ReplyDelete