caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Monday, April 2, 2012

Rememberance jewelry and documentary star Lilly

Recently my kids and I made playdoh. What fun! My son ended up building stuff for his toy cars. My daughter had fun writing words. Of course she had to write "Lilly."

My friend Michelle of Six Sisters Beadworks makes beautiful keepsake jewelry. I've actually never been much of a jewelry person, but I love the things she makes. They are so special to me. She made Lilly two bracelets and a necklace during her short life. Then she made my other daughter and I bracelets like Lilly's in memory of her. You can see them here, along with Lilly in her special bracelet.

Michelle is the mama of a little baby boy that passed away, a few weeks before his due date, shortly after Lilly died last December. Little Henry had Trisomy 18. Michelle has created a line of special "remembrance jewelry" for mama's like us. (And grandma's and whoever would like a necklace - or bracelet - in memory of their angel!) You can see her designs at her Etsy site here. Scroll to "women's necklaces" and you will see a number of different options. Michelle also takes special orders. If you order something from her I am sure you will be as blessed as my daughters and I have been!

So what is my "documentary star Lilly" all about? Well my girl is the star of two short videos that were just released for Trisomy Awareness Month! OK - so "star" is a slight - I mean BIG - exaggeration. :) But Lilly does make an appearance in them and as brief as it is, we love it. My son was watching the videos with me for the first time and as soon as he saw Lilly he smiled so big and said "Awwww ... Lilly is so cute!"

The first video was made by Giuliana's mom. She called it "We Are the World of Trisomy 13 and 18" and you can see it on YouTube here. It has three pictures of Lilly starting at minute 1:36. The first picture is of Lilly in September 2010 at Wolfson Children's Hospital. The second picture shows her in all her chubby glory in December 2011, just a week or two before she died. The last picture is of her little coffin at her burial site.

The second video is a Trisomy Awareness Video called "What to expect when expecting a child with Trisomy." This video is also on YouTube and you can view it here. There is one picture of Lilly in it - she is sitting on the couch between her brother and sister and they are both kissing her. That is at minute 5:06. This picture was from May 2011, after Lilly was released from the hospital after almost dying from a virus.

Seeing these videos made me want to put one together of Lilly's life. But I've never made a video online before. If you know of an easy program to use to make one, I'd be grateful if you would leave a comment (or e-mail me) and let me know about it! I am in the middle of another major "Lilly project" right now, but would like to make a little video presentation at some point.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." - James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment