caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Grow in wisdom

We were thrilled to pick up my very special birthday gift at the frame shop yesterday.  I had missed not having it in the house for the past few weeks!  Here it is, simply beautiful:


Here is a close up of the beautiful detailing on the frame:


I have declared this Lilly and Jesus picture is an official family heirloom.  And probably the second most expensive thing we own!  I told everyone that if the house ever catches fire to try and save this picture!

On a different topic, I have long admired a way a friend keeps record of her children's physical growth.  So I decided to copy her idea.  My husband painted an extra board white we had for me.  At the top of the board, I wrote in black marker:  "Grow in wisdom" which is a reference to this scripture:

"And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men." - Luke 2:52




Then I took a tape measure and marker and marked off each inch, starting at 18 inches for our smallest baby (Lilly). 

 


I had all three of our children's height records from birth, and wrote those on the board with pen.  (A different color for each child.)



Now I have a permanent height record that can be easily moved to any house we move to.  :)

I have to admit I felt rather sad when finishing this board though.  It was fun measuring T. and H. today and marking their heights.  But sad to know that I am forever finished marking Lilly's height.  There is just something about it that doesn't seem right.

Guess I better go look at my Lilly and Jesus picture for comfort, reminding myself that Lilly is now happy beyond measure and is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment