caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Rainbow gifts

Our Rainbow Baby received the cutest gift in the mail the other day.  A Lilly colored hat!  K., the woman that made LillyBear, sent it to me as a surprise.  I was so touched and am looking forward to getting some really cute pictures of our Rainbow Baby boy in the hat.  K. asked if T. and H. would like matching hats and they both replied "YES!" immediately.

This is the kind of hat I was envisioning for Rainbow Baby to get some of those really cute sleeping baby pictures in.  Now he just needs a crocheted diaper cover to match.  :)

Rainbow Baby and I had a checkup this past Friday.  Everything seems good.  T. thought his heartbeat sounded slower than Lilly's had, and it was true.  Lilly's was usually about 160 bpm in the womb.  This boy's is about 140 bpm.  The midwife told Tabby that it is said girls tend to have faster heartbeats than boys.  She hasn't found that to always be true, but likes to keep a mental tally of it.

The baby is in a head down position which I'm relieved about.  (He had been breech at one point.)  It made me think of something funny that Lilly would do after birth.  She was a breech baby and for the first few weeks, her legs would suddenly fly straight up in the air, at seemingly random times.  My midwife called it "breech legs."

My husband brought home a special gift from "Anonymous" (a thoughtful co-worker of his that prefers to give gifts but not her name) for "Lilly's baby brother."  (I just think that's so cute - "Lilly's baby brother!")  It was a rainbow colored blanket.  There was also a baggie with rainbow colored goodies for the rest of us.  Bracelets for T. and I, a ball for H., and bookmarks for my husband.  Thank you Anonymous!  You are so kind and generous and we are really enjoying the gifts.  :)  I just feel weird I can't send you a proper thank you note!

Names names names.  People keep asking what Rainbow Baby's name will be.  I don't know.  Still can't really decide.  The rest of the family likes a couple names.  I don't dislike them, but just can't commit.  I'm not sure why.  I am not as fearful as I have been about this baby dying.  And I am looking forward to meeting him.  But ...

"I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." - Psalm 34:1

2 comments: