caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

An amazing new billboard

One of the very first Trisomy mom's I ever talked to was J., the mama of Giuliana who was born exactly one month after Lilly.  Giuliana has been through a lot but is really doing very well overall.  Testing showed that she does not have full Trisomy 18 like Lilly did.  (Full Trisomy 18 means three copies of the 18th chromosome in each cell in the body, instead of the normal two copies.)  Giuliana has mosaic Trisomy 18 which means she has an extra copy of chromosome 18 in only some of her body's cells.

Giuliana has had heart repair surgery and many other of the same problems as children with full Trisomy 18.  But one big difference is, she can physically do so much more.  I'm sure that is due to being "mosaic."  But even with being mosaic, she is still a little miracle!

Giuliana will celebrate her 2nd birthday on August 4.  The celebration is beginning early with the posting of three billboards in high traffic areas of her city.  You can read more about Giuliana and the billboards on  J's blogpost.  I so appreciate J.'s advocating so hard for our special Trisomy kids!

T. and I are continuing to have fun learning how to use the My Memories digital scrapbooking software.  I made this page, using a discovery that T. made yesterday.  There are a lot of "effects" you can use to change the look of photos.  All of these photos were originally in color.  I changed the top one to "red."  The bottom left to "sepia" and the bottom right to "black and white."  I did this scrapbooking page in maybe 10 minutes, as that was all the time I had for it this morning.

T. quickly whipped out several pages too, and those are posted below.  You'll notice similarities in the background paper.  They were part of a six page designer template.



Don't forget to enter!  The My Memories Suite free software giveaway ends this Friday at 6:00 p.m.!  You can find out how to enter and see all the details in my review here.  It has been a lot of fun reading the entries that have come in, mostly by e-mail.  I can't wait to see who the winner will be!

I am having a good week!  My new Lilly with Jesus picture helps me so much.  :)

"Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name;
make known his deeds among the peoples!
Sing to him, sing praises to him;
tell of all his wondrous works!"
- Psalm 105:1-2

1 comment: