caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Friday, May 17, 2013

A life, no matter how short, can have an enormous impact

Remembering our sweet angel Lilly:



I came across this beautiful - and oh so true - quote on the Trisomy Angel Parents support group:

 “The amount of time on earth matters very little: a man can live in greed and pride 90 years and never find God, know Him or accomplish His Plan. A stillborn baby on the other hand, teaches people to love, brings people to the Lord, teaches us the tenuous nature of life and teaches us a faith that those who have not suffered loss can never know. A child not even breathing for an hour, can have an impact greater than a famous preacher. The purpose of a life is not ours to decide nor in our hands: it is brought about by God.” -Author Unknown

I do not think I will ever cease to be astounded over the impact Lilly had, and still has even in her death, on so many people during her 17 short months on earth.  I will never cease to thank God for her.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; ...." - Jeremiah 1:5


THANK YOU to whoever left these adorable polka dotted star stickers in my husband's inbox this past Wednesday.  (The 15th)  I love them!  I really like polka dots.  :)  These will be perfect for Lilly's scrapbook and a few other projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment