caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Lilly's new wreath

Today I bought myself a Mother's Day gift:  a new Lilly-colored wreath for Lilly's grave.  The wreath that she currently has on her grave has been there for over a year.  I love it but it's worn out.  I haven't had luck with flowers at her grave - both beautiful spreads disappeared quickly.  But her wreath has lasted.  I got this wreath at A.C. Moore today and it was on sale.  I don't like it as much as the current wreath, though it's certainly lovely.

I would really like to learn to make my own wreaths for Lilly's grave.  I've made a few wreaths in my life, but never anything that needed to be weatherproof.  I saw a lot of the netting kind of ribbon for sale today, in Lilly colors.  I will take a closer look at the old wreath, and study this new one, to see how they did it.  Of course I don't need any new projects!  But it would be special to me to make my daughter's grave decorations myself.

I like that the new wreath has some pink lily flowers and two red-white-blue stuffed animals.  Only I'm not sure how stuffed animals will hold up outside.  But they are sweet looking.








Tomorrow is our big day to take our first Lilly Memorial Project donation to the hospital.  It's been ready for a few weeks now, but the boys and I got so sick for a couple of weeks we had to wait.  But we're all set to go tomorrow.  I was trying to figure out how to get everything from the parking garage to the hospital and decided to try our wagon to see if that would hold everything.  I think it will work fine, as long as I tie everything down.  Here is Hunter trying it out:


Any one of you that knows Hunter, knows his stuffed German Shepherd dog Sam.  Sam has been Hunter's loyal dog for 3 of Hunter's 4 years of life.  Hunter lives through Sam and is always talking about what Sam can do or doesn't like, etc.  Recently Sam went missing.  It was a very sad time for Hunter.  We prayed several times a day to find Sam.  He talked frequently about how sad he felt.  He even posted this sign:




(It says:  Sam please come to Hunter)

Thankfully, 6 days later Sam turned up.  In the bottom of the laundry hamper!  Hunter was one happy, grateful little boy.





What was lost was found.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" - Philippians 4:4

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is the sweetest sign and hugging picture:)Love the wreath! Praying your Lily Memorial Project Donation goes well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to the day that "all" that is lost, will be found. hugs.

    ReplyDelete