caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, May 5, 2013

A bigger peep! and donation completed

photo: in the parking garage at UNC, headed for the elevator

Thursday the kids and I got our first Lilly Memorial Project safely delivered to our contact at UNC hospital.  I was really excited to go - so many Lilly memories from there.  She was born there and had a lot of doctor appointments there.  Driving there I kept feeling liked she should be with me.  And yes, it was sad too.  I was so thankful for my rainbow baby to tote around like I used to tote Lilly.  (To read about what we donated click here.) 

Waiting for L.W. to meet us - she was such a great resource and helped me so much with getting Lilly's care setup:



Leaving the hospital - Hunter had fun riding in the wagon.  Of course a stranger had to ask if he could ride in the wagon too:



Thank you Miss Lilly for all the inspiration!  I hope we make you proud!



I've already decided what project #2 will be.  In honor of Lilly's birthday in July ...


The chicks got to taste the outdoors again yesterday.  They loved it!  But still aren't big enough we can leave them out yet.  I thought Solomon was growing fast, but these chicks are hyper speed growers!  Amazing how fast they are changing.  Here's a few pictures from yesterday:





Solomon was carefully helping watch the chicks (in between trying to eat grass):


We have to use heat lamps to keep the chicks warm enough.  We explained to the kids that chicks don't need heat lamps if they have their mama's with them because they snuggle under her warm wings.  Ever since talking about that, I often find myself thinking of God when I look at our chicks and their heat lamps hanging overhead:

"He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." - Psalm 91:4

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job in honor of Lily!!! Love the sweet chick pictures and Solomon:)

    ReplyDelete