caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Grosser than gross ...

 Last week, Tabby put our "Goat Chick's 'Udderly' Natural Goat Milk Soap" put for sale on her blog, The Goat Chick.  Two days later we were sold out!  Unfortunately for us, fresh soap can take about 6 weeks to cure, so there won't be any more for sale until close to the end of the year.  Another problem is, Christa the goat is in heat and that means she's only producing about a cup of milk a day, if that.  (This is supposed to last until January or so.) 

Last week we carefully saved up most of our goat milk until we had the required amount for the soap.  Then this afternoon we started to make more.  But I made a big mistake.  I put the lye into the goat milk too quickly.  Tabby pointed out the milk was changing from white to orange and smelled funny.  OH NO!!  I quickly checked the temperature.  140 degrees!  (It's not supposed to go over 100 degrees.)  SIGH.  Batch ruined.  Very disappointing.  We'll have to save up more milk again ....

During this time, Frank was outside with the boys.  Hunter was jumping off this little shed into a pile of leaves:


Solomon was chewing on this yucky wisk out of the sandbox:


You can see he was eating sand and dirt too.  Yuck.  I sighed when I saw his face.  Frank said he just couldn't keep him from eating stuff.  I said "I know ... I just hope he doesn't eat chicken poop!"

Shortly after that, Tabby and I were attempting to work on embroidery and Frank called for me to bring Solomon some water.  He said, "Your worst nightmare has come true ..."  Water for Solomon?  I took the water outside and stared.  OH HOW DISGUSTING!  Frank caught my cute little boy eating chicken poop!  YUUUUUCCCKKKKK!!!!!

Wanna kiss?
Frank assured me it was "just a little bit."  Well "just a little bit" is a little bit too much in my book!  It reminded me of when my cousin C. was little - apparently he used to sit in their cat's litter box and eat cat poop.  (OK - I'm sure you're wondering why you are still reading this post!  Maybe we all need some goat milk soap to wash our mouths and minds out with at this point ...)

Yesterday Tabby brought this cute bird to show me - it had flow into the goat pen and East-the-chicken-killer bit it.  


 Tabby wrapped a bandage around the bird where East had bit it, but it died shortly after.  East hasn't escaped from the goat pen lately but she continues to find ways to stay on Tabby's "I don't like you!" list.  (The builder re-building the L family's house (from the fire) thinks it will be done by the end of this year.  Tabby can't wait for the dogs to leave.  Though in the next breath she'll say "they're such beautiful dogs.")

Here's a really cool picture of the moon that Tabby took last night:


Finally, I'll leave you with a smile - don't you love the "bed head?"


Have a great week!

“‘“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”’ - Numbers 6:24-26

4 comments:

  1. If that is all Soloman eats, you will be fortunate! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I shudder to think what's worse ... though please don't tell me! :)

      Delete
  2. In the last picture, his hair looks just like Aidan Turner's did in a "behind the scenes" video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that's Aidan's "good morning" hairdo? ;)

      Delete