caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

girl riding a turkey ornament on Lilly's tree this month
We had a busy Thanksgiving day, doing a variety of things.  A new tradition we started this year was our first ever "turkey shoot."  I printed paper turkey targets for the event.  Solomon and Tabby shot the turkey with arrows:



We also had fun with Tabby's pink b.b. gun.




The ONLY one of us to actually hit the turkey - inside the turkey target outline - was Hunter!  (The rest of us had nice groupings but all outside the turkey!  Need to adjust those sights ...)



I attempted taking pictures for our annual Christmas card.  Wow was that hard!  At first we had all three kids, plus a couple chickens, and one of the goats in the group.  The goat did not cooperate.  Then it was hard to get one with all the kids looking good.  Tried some other places in the yard but I don't know yet if I can use any.  Somebody always blinks or frowns or cries or squirms or something!  LillyBear was the only "child" that consistently photographed easily:




Check out Tabby's Thanksgiving photo collage she did for today on her blog, The Goat Chick.  (Click here.


I found this sweet photo on my camera that Tabby took.  She did the embroidery behind the bunny.  (It's 3 chicks, a hen and a rooster, and a 4 seasons tree.)  The bunny was Lilly's.  Tabby made a skirt for it and jewelry and added a chicken feather.

Tomorrow I am going to begin a special series remembering Lilly's 17 months of life.  (Tomorrow marks 17 days until Lilly's 2nd angelversary.)

I'm missing my little Lilly pumpkin as I think about that!


Lilly pumpkin 2011

Lilly's 1st Thanksgiving - 2010
"giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light." - Colossians 1:12

No comments:

Post a Comment