caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, March 11, 2012

A wreath and a survey

Last month we received this beautiful "Lilly colored/themed" wreath as a gift. Three families bid on it together at an auction that the private school that my husband works for had. The families bought it thinking we might like it for Lilly's grave. We were so touched by their thoughtfulness.

We hung the wreath up in our living room to enjoy for several weeks. Yesterday I took it down and secured it well (I hope!) with wire onto a wreath stand. We are planning to go visit Lilly's grave tomorrow and are taking the wreath. I am so looking forward to it.

Recently on the Trisomy 18 Mommies group on Facebook, someone asked the question if during ultrsounds, if we were told if their baby had a two or three vessel cord. (Normally there are 2 arteries and 1 vein in the umbilical cord.) The results were interesting in that the majority of parents responded that they had been told they only had a two vessel cord. I had a two vessel cord with Lilly. It really is interesting all the similiarities so many of our Trisomy 18 babies have in the womb, that can be identified by ultrasound. (And interesting that so many babies problems are never even noticed on ultrasound.)

Ultrasound is amazing, but not perfect. However, God is perfect! Look at verse 15 in particular here:

"13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth." - Psalm 139:13-15

I used verse 13 on my latest version of Lilly's business card:

2 comments:

  1. I guess we might should have superglued the flags and flowers down. It's sooooo pretty! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wreath is beautiful. I can't wait to see a picture of it when you put it out. :)

    ReplyDelete