caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Lilly's paper star

There is a Trisomy Families Annual Celebration coming up in a few weeks in Minnesota. The organizers invited those that couldn't attend, or had had their Trisomy loved one pass away, to send a star to the celebration to be included.  I made Lilly's star today:


Crafting for Lilly.  It was fun, therapeutic, and I found myself singing the songs I liked to sing to her as I cut and glued.  Only then that made me cry.  Sigh.

Weight check!  If you read this blog during Lilly's life, you know I often started a post  with "weight check" and I'd give Lilly's weight, as she fought for every ounce she gained.  Well the "weight check" this time is for me.  Though I won't tell you what I actually weigh as I'm sure no one is interested, haha.  But last month I shared about how I've been losing a lot of my post-pregnancy weight by following the Trim Healthy Mama book suggestions.  At first I was losing about 5 pounds a week.  Now it's leveled off to an average of 2 pounds.  Not bad at all!  I only have 5-8 pounds to go.  Now if only the diastasis recti muscle in my stomach would heal faster so I would look skinner ...  (My fault there, I've slacked off on the exercises.  Must ... rededicate ... myself ... again ...)

During Lilly's life, I shared a couple times about Samaritan Ministries, our non-insurance Christian medical needs sharing group.  (We do not have traditional health care.)  It is a wonderful group to be a part of.  Not only do you receive money towards your medical needs, sent directly by other members in the group, but you get their prayers too.  I think it was last fall, someone asked Frank if we still owed money for Lilly's huge medical bills.  He was able to tell them they were all completely paid off, thanks to our being a part of Samaritan Ministries.  The other day, a mom of 9 children posted about their being a part of Samaritan Ministries and gave a lot of details about being in the group.  If you'd like to learn more, read her post here.  (Her blog is Large Families On Purpose.)   

Today I dug up some daffodils from our woods and planted them where I could see them from my kitchen window.  So exciting to know that spring is coming!  I love the change in each season, but spring is the most beautiful.

[God speaking] “As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.” - Genesis 8:22

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to spending time with Lilly in MN! We are going to have a slumber party with her! Will this be her first slumber party with other Trisomy kiddos?! :D We can send you a certificate to put with her memoirs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A certificate would be fantastic! I still am adding to her scrapbook. :)

      Delete
  2. L you are amazing! How do you manage to homeschool, exercise, take care of your family and do gardening???? I love the Lilly star.:) love, H

    ReplyDelete