caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Why it takes forever to get anything done


Thanks to Tabby's crocheting skills and the generosity of several people, we sold enough Lilly-colored ruffle scarves last month to raise $50.00 for Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep.  Yay!  We are so grateful.  I will send that donation in this week.  :)

Doesn't LillyBear look lovely in one of the scarves?  :)  Tabby makes these scarves to order in a wide variety of colors.  So if you are ever looking for a fun gift idea, just let us know!


This past Friday afternoon I was determined to conquer a big pile of papers and various stuff that I accumulated faster than the speed of light on a cabinet.  (I confess - I am a piler and I hate it!!  It's one habit I just can not seem to be rid of.)  I was standing there sorting stuff and feeling irritated at myself for letting the piles happen and irritated because it was taking forever to finish.  But I realized that's just how it is in this season of life and this is an example why:

Me - file one paper and throw another away

Hunter - "Mama! Can I have some pipe cleaners please?"

Me - get Hunter pipe cleaners.  Hole punch and file a paper.

Hunter - "Mama!  You got to come see this!  PLEASE!"

Me - go see Hunter's project.  Throw one paper away.

Door flies open and Tabby's hand shoots out holding an egg out to me.  "Mama - please put this in the fridge. I don't want to have to take my boots off to come in."

Me - put egg in carton in fridge.  Wash hands.  Take 2 papers to another room where they belong.

I pass by Solomon pushing a toy along the hallway.  Sniff sniff sniff.  "Solomon!  I think we better go change your diaper."
Diaper is changed.  I wash my hands again.
I pick up a paper.

Ring! Ring! Ring!  I go check the telephone caller ID.  No name shows up.  I don't answer.  Back to my papers.

Hunter - "Mama!  I need help!  Please!"

Me - help Hunter.  Go back to paper piles.  Throw one away.

Suddenly I get a groove going.  Five minutes later I realize that it's awfully quiet.   I sneak around the corner to peek at Solomon.  Sigh.


Solomon had gotten into Hunter's snack cabinet and spilled cheese crackers and ground some into the floor.

Me - clean up mess and move snacks into high cabinet.  Pick up Solomon and realize my time slot for wiping out that pile is up.

Thankfully I tend to be an optimist and hope for better results the next day.

But I guess if my house had no piles, that would mean there were no kids at home. 

So I think I'll keep my kids.  And the piles that go with them.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment