caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Forever our Valentine


 Our sweet Lilly is one of the Trisomy children featured in SOFT's Valentine video.  You can see it at this link:
http://trisomy.org/valentines-video/
Go to time 2:49 to see Lilly's page.  I still so appreciate Frank's cousin Sandra for making Lilly her "famous" heart dress.

Today for science, Hunter got to do experiments with conversation hearts.  We put 7 different liquids in little paper cups, added a conversation heart into each, and then watched to see what would happen.  It was not the most exciting thing to watch as those little candies (with the completely unhealthy ingredients) just sat in the bottoms of the cups mocking us.  (In fact, 9 hours later, they are still there though disolved a TINY bit.)  So what do you do to make a science experiment more interesting?  Add vinegar and baking soda to each cup!  And then watch out for the little bubbling volcanoes!



Hunter told me that his very favorite Valentine's day tradition is to eat conversation hearts.  I always put them in a little candy dish I inherited from my grandmommy:


My favorite tradition is to make heart shaped chocolate candy and eat it while we read Lilly's Chocolate Heart by Kevin Henkes:


"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God." - 1 John 4:7

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love that picture of Lily do very sweet!!! Love the experiment idea!

    ReplyDelete