caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A new "Lilly chocolate" fan

If Lilly were still with us, she would be 3 years and 7 months old today.  I don't know why but I'm missing her extra extra hard today.  The boys and I decorated her memorial tree for the month.  Hearts.  Solomon enjoyed trying to hang ornaments.

One thing Solomon has learned about his sister Lilly is that she got to eat special extra healthy chocolate.  He likes to eat a piece occasionally in her honor.  He points at the cabinet where I keep them and signs the word for "more."

"Wanna a chocolate kiss?"
The puppies now all have their eyes open.  I looked out at them a few minutes ago and they looked like five fat little sausages all lined up.  Sort of like this picture I took the other day:


Even though we can't keep all the puppies, they have been named:  Sherlock, Watson, Houdini, Bongle, and Exhaust-Pipe.  Hmmm ... can you guess who named "Exhaust-Pipe?!"

What a year this has been.  We are still getting over the flu and Frank has walking pneumonia.  Hunter has set up what he calls "Kleenex stations" all over the house.  Makes me extra grateful we are rarely sick.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10

2 comments: