caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Big Sister Lilly??!!



This picture is from June 2010 when I was pregnant with Lilly.


It seems like we never know what's going to happen next lately. But God has blessed us. Our angel girl Lilly is going to be a big sister! What?? That's what I said. (Especially since I've never been able to get pregnant easily and I wasn't thinking about it now.) Here we all have been missing Lilly so very terribly. Well maybe she put in a word with God and asked Him to create a baby for us to hold.


And Lord willing that is what we will be doing in September. (Due date is September 14.)


To answer a question I know many of you will have - is there a chance the next baby will have Trisomy 18? It would be very very rare for that to happen. Honestly though, I wouldn't mind a special needs baby. But I trust that however God has knit this baby together - boy or girl - it will be perfect for us. Just like Lilly was. And like T. and H. are.


T. voiced her concern today that she was afraid to love the new baby too much - that she might be disloyal to Lilly. I told her that it was normal to feel that way. It's crossed my own mind too. But that we would keep doing things to remember and honor Lilly - all the days of our lives - and that we would always have a special love and place for her in our hearts. Always.


This morning H. was pretending to have made a batch of cookies. He said he was going to take them to heaven when he died to share with Lilly. I told him that Lilly didn't need her g-tube in heaven - she could eat by mouth. He exclaimed "What?? Really??" in complete delight.


"Through the praise of children and infants you have established a stronghold against your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger." - Psalm 8:2

19 comments:

  1. And he said he could puree the cookies for her. :)

    I think Lilly heard us when we were praying and told God we needed another member of family!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES INDEED, BIG SISTER! I THINK LILLY IS FULL OF SURPRISES SHE'S WORKING ON UP THERE IN HEAVEN.

      YOU COULD NEVER BE DISLOYAL TO YOUR LITTLE LILLY. WE HAVE ENOUGH LOVE TO GO AROUND. AND I THINK HAVING THIS BABY SO CLOSE TO LILLY LEAVING, WILL HAVE SOME SORT OF SPECIAL SIGNIFICANCE THAT WILL MAKE US THINK ABOUT LILLY.

      Delete
  2. AWESOME..... So many bible verses come to my mind; "Praise the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord,For He is good! For His mercy endures forever." Psalm106:1 "Weeping may spend the night ,but there is joy in the morning.'' Psalm 30:5 "I will make them and the area around My hill a blessing:I will send down showers in their season,showers of blessing.'' Ezekiel 34:26
    September 14 was the birthday of my brother who died. Our GOD is so good and I do believe Lilly is rejoicing too!
    love-holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how wonderful!!! Lilly could never, ever be replaced, but actually will seem even more with you as you welcome a new baby. All the things the new baby does will remind you of Lilly because they both were created in God's image! That is so exciting! Will be praying for a safe and healthy pregnancy for you and lots of blessings for your family as your tears are blended with pure joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news!! It will be a blessing to see a baby in your arms again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great and awesome is our God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's truly wonderful news! I'm so happy for your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited! That is wonderful news!

    Susan Baker

    ReplyDelete
  8. My wife won't let me say what I want so congratulations! :) We are so happy for you. This surely is the blessing of God...He has made His face to shine upon you and has granted you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! So very happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Another blessing in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I know you both wanted more children and you are the best parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! You know that your hearts will just stretch that much more to welcome this little one so there's room for Lilly and your two older children and this one too - God arranges the hearts of parents to be very flexible and super-stretchy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa, I am SO excited for you and Frank and your little ones. What wonderful, fantastic, and exciting news! We will be praying for a fun and healthy pregnancy! I could not think of any other parents who should be so blessed to have another one of God's gifts to love and to hold and mold into the precious human being God wants him/her to be. God is indeed good and he has a plan! : ) Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet bit of news! Surely the Lord has seen how faithfully you have cared for your babies. I am thrilled for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! That is marvelous (and miraculous) news!!!

    --Megan Lee

    ReplyDelete
  16. God is so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just read about Lilly's passing. I'm so very sorry, but thrilled that you're expecting a new blessing.

    Sharon Williams

    ReplyDelete