caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Angel balloon releases

In the Trisomy world, I have observed that balloon releases are a popular memory celebration.  I love the idea of sending balloons up to our little angels in heaven.  We plan on sending up balloons to Lilly on what would have been her 2nd birthday, July 4.  I'm thinking she should have a regular birthday balloon along with an Independence Day themed balloon!

The Chamberlin family had this balloon release (today's pictures)  this past Monday at their celebration to remember their sweet angel girl Jordan, who was born with Trisomy 18.  Jordan lived from June 4 - 7, 2009.  Her short life was only 3 days long.  But even three years later, her impact can still be seen on her family.  And it will always be so!  No matter how short of time we have our children, they are in our hearts and mind forever

The Chamberlin's balloon release was recorded by their local television station.  Here the link to the news video (it is now on YouTube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWB8146f90E&feature=youtube_gdata_player
I love how Jordan's mama emphasized that it is OK for people to talk to us about our angel children.  They are part of our families and always will be!

Jordan's family not only released a balloon for her, but for 53 of her angel friends.  Included was our Lilly with this pink balloon and name tag.  :)

I am so grateful for all the help and support within the Trisomy 18/13 community we families, especially mama's, have for each other.  It is a definitely blessing of the internet that we have found each other.

Finally I wanted to share a photo of little Jordan. Isn't she such a sweet tiny little thing? I love the matching bracelets she and her mama are wearing.
 

Jordan reminds me of newborn Lilly.  I think I will always be amazed at how much Trisomy 18 babies resemble each other.  Yes you can see a lot of their family in them, but you can also see Trisomy 18.  My son has been sitting in my lap as I type this blog, and when I loaded this picture of Jordan, he exclaimed, "Hey that's Lilly!"  He seems the similarities too.  :)

I know much of the world does not see it this way, but I love how these Bible verses show that God did not make a mistake when he created Trisomy children:
 
"13For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Lisa, Its Beautiful!!! We will never forget your precious Lilly! I can't look at anything red, white, and blue without her crossing my mind! Although this road hasn't been easy the support of our community has been amazing and helped me through! The friends I have made because of my daughter continue to bless us! Many hugs to you!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true although Jonathan never took a breath his LIFE has profoundly affected me and he will always be a part of our family. Love the sweet pictures thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete