caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Kit's Muse and some more R-W-&-B

 
Recently while I was online, I came across this picture of little white crocheted dresses that someone had posted.   I learned that the woman that makes them, donates them as a part of care packages for angel parents.  Lately I have been making pages of lists and notes of ideas of things to do in memory of Lilly, so when I saw the dresses I was quite intrigued.  Reaching out to other angel parents is at the top of my list.

So I contacted the amazing dress maker and learned about how she got involved in this.  (J. is the mama of a preemie that, praise God, is alive and doing well.  J. wanted to give back to the NICU and other's in need, through care packages.)  She has a website called "Kit's Muse" and is on Facebook.  Kit's Muse, her project's name, is a division of a non-profit group called Project Sweetpeas.
   
I learned a lot of helpful information from J. and added it to my ideas files. I look forward to soon sharing with my readers these ideas, of what I am going to be doing to reach out, in Lilly's memory, to others.  Today I talked to L.W., my contact at the hospital that Lilly was born at and had a lot of doctor's appointments at.  I was thrilled that L. was enthusiastic about my ideas.  I told her that I am the type that "just has to do SOMETHING."  I have already been doing little things for the families of other Trisomy 18 angels and children, but need to do more.  It is amazing, how in doing for others, we feel so much better ourselves.

Once again that makes me think of this scripture, of the apostle Paul quoting Jesus:  ". . . ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ - Acts 20:35

A note regarding the second dress picture posted, J. made the little heart with the same material as the burial dress, and is a keepsake for the family.  I think that is a very special and sweet idea.

If anyone reading this is interested, Kit's Muse is putting together a very special Christmas tree at a mall in Missouri this year.  It will be filled with ornaments with the names of angel babies, preemies, special needs children - well actually I think ANY child can be represented.  You can send them an ornament representing your child, or buy one of their's and have it personalized.  You can read about how to participate here.  Lilly will have a personalized ornament on that tree.  Scroll down through the ornament pictures here and you'll come to an angel with a silver cross.  That is the ornament I choose for Lilly.  I will get to see a picture of the ornament on the tree, and then the ornament will be sent to me after being taken down.  I always buy each of my children an ornament each Christmas and I will use the angel for Lilly's ornament for the year and put it on her memory tree in January, which is angel theme. 

T. has been anxious for me to share a few more red-white-and-blue things with you all.  First is her betta fish, named "Firecracker", which she just bought with some birthday money:



T. also bought our dog Lucia a red-white-and-blue collar and leash.  (Lucia is a Labrador/terrier mix.):




T. and my husband seem to often be collecting things from the side of the road.  Recently there was a broken spring horse tossed in a pile on our street.  The horse was faded and worn out.  But T. thought they might could do something with it so they brought it home.  They painted it in "Lilly colors" and named it "Lily Spangle."  A fresh coat of paint can do wonders!



H. thought it was great fun to pull Lily Spangle around, like they were in a parade:


                                

3 comments:

  1. I soooo fell that wanting to do more for someone that will be in my shoes. Love the sweet dresses :) The horse is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After Julia was born, a woman delivered a hand-smocked day gown to our house. She was part of a group of women who gave sweet gifts such as this to families who had a child who was stillborn or who was not expected to live long. We thought we would bury Julia in that gown, but she had other plans as she grew much to big for it. Your post reminded me that I want to contact this group of women to see if I can join themin creating these lovely gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw that broken horse T rescued. kept wondering who through him on the side of the road at that vacant lot and what would become of him. so glad he has a happy ending...

    ReplyDelete