caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Lilly's memorial tree - June

Don't forget about my My Memories digital scrapbooking software contest - it ends this Friday evening.  And just to clarify (there was at least one confused person) - you do NOT have to buy anything to enter. 

Yesterday was June 4, so in honor of what would have been Lilly's 23 month birthday, we decorated her memorial tree with our June theme - birds and nests with eggs.

It didn't turn out as colorful as last month, which may be my favorite so far, but it is sweet.  Another problem may be that all the pre-lit lights in the middle of the tree have gone out.  That was very disappointing.  This is my first experience with a pre-lit tree and I was under the impression that if one light went out, it would not affect the rest of the lights.  I think it's still under warranty, but I certainly do not want to get a new tree.  I bought this tree for Lilly for Christmas last December, shortly before she passed away, so it is special.  I just need to find a short string of regular lights to wind around the middle. 

We really do enjoy our tradition of changing the ornaments each month.  I save each month's ornaments in small plastic tote bins and store them in the attic.  We will rotate through them all again next year.

Here is a closeup of some of the bird ornaments.  T. made pom pom birds:


H. made a paper woodpecker (his favorite kind of bird) and insisted it have a red, white, and blue ribbon to hang by:


I have a Dover publication that has Victorian bird images on CD and used that to print these birds.  I then embellished with glitter:


Artificial birds I bought off Ebay:

The tree:


"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" - Matthew 6:26

1 comment:

  1. So sweet love it! Saying a prayer for you now my friend.

    ReplyDelete