caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Napping AND laying down - YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had to share this triumph!  After over 3 weeks of STANDING in his crib for naps twice a day, Solomon finally is laying down again.  Yesterday morning he laid down sleeping for the first hour then sat up to sleep for another hour.  Then today - both naps were lying down!  Yipeee!!


Not only does he feel better after naptime - but so do I!

I had the idea several nights ago, that after the boys took their bath, that Hunter would get into the crib with Solomon and just have fun and play.  Solomon really enjoyed it.  And now - he doesn't seem afraid to be in the crib anymore.

Thank you God and thank you Hunter!  :)

Hunter has had a happy past few days too - his Uncle P. sent an old broken TV to him.  He has had the best time taking it apart, seeing how everything worked, and playing with the parts.  (I only helped him get one screw out.)


Within the last few weeks he has taken apart an old lawnmower, a clock, and a fan.  He's still one month away from turning 5.

Yeah.  He's one of THOSE kids.

3 comments:

  1. Hunter needs his own private shop! soon little brother will be a little bother to hunter's projects.

    Speaking of little brother, good job Solomon! I would be totally exhausted if I had to sleep standing up. I wasn't aware the problem was you were afraid of your crib.

    Sleep tight!

    love,
    mah mah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was starting to guess maybe it was the crib! But who knows - he did fine in it for several weeks. Also wondered if maybe teething, or learning to walk, or separation anxiety ... I sure wish he could tell us!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful solution!! You are a genius!!

    Dennis was one of those boys. His sister had a doll that cried and he wanted to know how. So he took it apart. Does Hunter know how to put things back together???? Dennis didn't and that poor doll was ruined. I got one from a yard sale a few years ago and when he saw it he had to have it and gave it to his sister as an apology. :)

    ReplyDelete