caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Pray for Lilly blog's three year anniversary

It was three years ago, yesterday, that I started this blog to keep people updated on Miss Lilly.  (My very first post is here.)  Seems like so very much has happened since then!

I was actually reminded of this anniversary a few days ago when we were outside after supper and Hunter asked Frank to please get the double stroller out of the barn so that I could push him and Solomon around.  Hunter and I remembered how he used to ride with Lilly in that stroller.  Here is the picture I posted of Lilly in the stroller from my third blog post:

Tiny Lilly was a bit over one month old here
 After awhile, Hunter got out and pushed Solomon around by himself:



Another anniversary this year is Ball canning jars 100th anniversary.  I love to use canning jars for storing food, goat milk, etc.  I'm just not a fan of using plastic for much.  I use jars to keep baking supplies, rice, beans, etc. mice-free:



I used to use the ice cube tray method for freezing pureed baby food, but now I found I prefer the little jars:



Do you see the pretty blue pint sized jars?  Those are the Ball 100 anniversary jars that are available for purchase this year.  They are blue in memory of the old jars which were blue colored because of the impurities found in the high-iron sand that the company used.  (sourced from Indiana)  Advances in glass making eventually got rid of these impurities resulting in clear glass.


I have a number of really old canning jars I use for decoration, that I got from my mother-in-law. Notice the old style lids:



 I have found a couple jars like these on our property.  They have the old style lid, but are not blue color.  When this house was built (about 1907) the people just threw their trash out into a certain part of the yard.  Now whenever it rains, glass and other things come up out of the ground.  We find interesting things at times, like the neat old glass jars and bottles.  The bottom part of an old iron came up earlier this month.

I want to date my jars and found this guideline to help.  Scroll down to the logo with dates section if you want to see how. 

OK, well!  Here I started out talking about stroller rides and ended up rambling about canning jars!

I have been thinking a lot about "HOPE" recently and how I wish more people would associate Trisomy 18 with hope.  I will be sharing a post with those thoughts soon.

"But I will hope continually, and will praise You yet more and more." - Psalm 71:14

No comments:

Post a Comment