caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hannah's Blankie Blessings

I've often noted that I find it very therapeutic to make things with my hands.  Creating things, like writing, gives me a feeling of peace.  So, I was very interested to read the other day that new scientific research reports that 20 minutes of creativity will reduce stress by 45%.   Wow! Creative time should be mandatory! 

I have shared, many times here, how the kids and I love to do creative projects in memory of Lilly.  It makes us feel better and has helped a lot with the healing process.  (I've been compiling ideas from old blog posts into one handy list to have as an online resource for people, accessed by a tab at the top of this blog:  http://pray4lilly.blogspot.com/p/memory-ideas_26.html  I hope to finish that soon.) 

One family that we've grown to love during our Trisomy 18 journey has been the Kwant family.  Their angel Hannah Grace lived for 64 days.  (Read her story at:  http://kwantfamilycorner.blogspot.com )  They are a lot like us and their oldest daughter has even become Tabby's best friend.  If only they didn't live all the way across the country from us!  Anyway, their family does a lot of creative projects in memory of their Hannah.  (I have links to some of their memory ideas listed my above mentioned "Memory Ideas" tab.)

Recently, some of the Kwant children finished sewing 180 blankets (yes that's 180!!) to donate to the Everett Providence NICU and the Seattle Children's Hospital (both hospitals in Washington state) in Hannah's memory.  Below are some pictures their mother shared with me and gave me permission to post here.

I love their donation tags, attached to each blanket.  Here is the front and back:



Here are some of the blankets with a framed picture of Hannah:


Some of the Kwant children with the 180 blankets.  Notice the purple Hannah Bear.  (Just like red/white/blue are "Lilly colors", the Kwants know yellow/pink as "Hannah colors.")


Finally, here is a picture of the children at one of the hospitals with blankets:


I know that making the blankets and donating them made this family feel good!  We are still happy with our hospital donation (here and here) and hope to do more in the future. 

Something funny that Tabby and Cassie realized at one point, was that their little sisters had the same cardigan with an elephant on it.  Here is Hannah:

 
And here is Lilly (at 7 months):




I know the recipients of the blankets will be blessed, just as we were when Lilly received a blanket from this family.  I remember being so impressed with how soft and well made it was.  (The flower headband is from them too.):


I love the scripture on the Hannah donation card as it is one that has brought us a lot of comfort since Lilly has passed away:

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28

1 comment: