caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Happy 5 years Hunter!

Hunter celebrated his 5th birthday today with a glazed donut.  (This was his request instead of a cake.)  Blowing out the candles:


All summer long, Hunter has had one request for a present.  His own digital camera.  Here it is:


Several years ago, wrote the names of each of our children on a size large white t-shirt.  Each year on their birthday, I take a picture of them in their shirt and put the picture in a little album.  It's fun to see how they fill out the shirt a little better each year.


I keep the t-shirts in the top of my closet.  Finding Lilly's birthday t-shirt made me smile today.  She got to wear it once.  She looks like she is swimming in the shirt!


This afternoon I made up the goats' dewormer balls.  (They get them once a week as a preventative.  Since they're herbal, they don't build up in their system and stop working like the regular ones do.)  I call them "Goaty Delight."  (For some reason I think of "Turkish Delight" in the Narnia series.)  All the goats love to see me coming with them, except Daisy.  I have to force them into her mouth.  Herbs, slippery elm bark, and molasses.  Wanna try it?


After feeding the goats, I popped into the chicken coop to check for eggs.  We still haven't found any yet, but we should be any day now.  Taffeta (the "Trisomy 18 chick") was relaxing under the nesting boxes:




Then I noticed a patch of tall yellow flowers in a clearing, that I had not noticed before.  Tabby and Dixie came to see them with me:




It often feels like Christmas living here.  So many surprises pop up here and there.  I brought some of the surprise yellow flowers inside with me:


"All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made." - John 1:3

2 comments:

  1. I love your colored bottles with the yellow flowers!
    Happy Birthday little Hunter!!

    ReplyDelete